THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 29, 2010

Numero uno. Highlights (not in my hair) of Madrid.

1. Found my destinations. thanks to my trusty tour guides.

2. I spoke to 4 strangers in total. 
-I am beginning to really fit in. a lady asked if we were at Atocha and I said indeed we were
-On our way to Calle de Toledo I tried to talk to a painter in the Plaza Mayor but apparently I don't speak Spanish because he did not understand. Pretty Don Quixote paintings though.
-Thanks to my trusty bus pass I had the opportunity to speak to two different employees at two different times so that I could use public transit. I am getting good.
3. I spoke spanish the entire time though I admit I had moments of weakness. My companions were super good at speaking Español.

*It was a beautiful day but I came home without my wallet. suspect thiefery. cuidado.

As we entered Madrid we were welcomed by a trumpeter playing "When the saints come marching in," this town entertains me tremendously. I am glad that there are people who get up every morning get dressed in a ridiculous costume and sit down all day in hopes of making me smile. or maybe making major bank. Either way, the plazas of Madrid would not be the same without them. This is on our way to the Plaza Oriente










I don't know who this man is. If I looked at the bottom near his feet I would probably know. Oh well.  He is outside of the Catedral de la Almudena. Everyone says that it is ugly. but he isn't. (And i don't believe the building to be either.)















This is outside of the Iglesia de San Francisco. I love the pale yellow and blue. There was a tour going on inside but we were too cheap to go in. The doors inside were a crazy beautiful dark wood with all sorts of engravings in them.

0 comments: