THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Financial District, Shminancial Shmistrict

1. Por supuesto.
2. Indeed. I bought postcards and the man tried to speak to me in English but when I replied in Spanish he said "mejor" and commenced in speaking Spanish. Gracias hombre.
3. We try so dern hard. Pero es dificil decir palabras como "fuzzy" en español.
4.

I love the architecture and detailing on the buildings here. It seemed like every building was HUGE and had such incredible detailing, and I loved all the different styles and elements.
How on earth would you describe this dog...en español?
5. I have a story. It may be funny now, but at the time I did not thing it was very comical... There is a beautiful gated plaza near our house with gardens and fountain in the middle. As I was sitting there sketching, a creeper came and sat on me. Well, close enough that he practically was. He asked me all these questions, and then asked if I would meet him back there in a couple of hours to have "cafe y zumo" with him. He was very persistent, and after running out of excuses I finally just pretended like I didn't understand what he was saying. Then he proceeded to steal my sketchbook and pencil, draw a circle and some lines, return the book, and set his hand on my thigh. I was highly uncomfortable by this point, and I abruptly stood up to leave. He did not seem to get the discomfort vibe, and gave me dos besitos and left. I hid behind a bush and called Katie to come walk home with me. El fin.

0 comments: